Honeydew Bowling Club (HBC) forms part of the Honeydew Country Club and is situated at the end of Boundary Road in Sundowner, Randburg, and is very easily accessible from both Beyers Naude and Northumberland/Witkoppen Roads - literally one turn away off each.
Our bowling district affiliation for league and district competitions is Sables - "the little district with big heart". Although small, it has a highly formidable and reputable standing boasting a number of Proteas (including Commonwealth Games medal winners) in its stable.
We welcome all ages and abilities and offer something for everyone:
* Free coaching to new learner bowlers (bowls provided at coaching sessions)
* Recreational bowls for the beginner and not-so-serious
* Competitive bowls - internally and externally (league, inter-club, and district & national competitions)
* Talent Development for players striving to reach Sables Academy level
* Corporate team-building and social event group bowls
* Open days for the curious wishing to see what bowls is all about
* Visitor playing rates for non-member affiliated bowlers
* And of course, lots of social fun: Braais, supper evenings, quiz evenings, weekends away etc
Honeydew raises money annually for The Blind Bowlers Association and opens its greens in support of transformation of the game, as well as to promote and develop play among the youth and disabled.
Click here for Map to Honeydew Bowls Club